Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Change.

I remember my first day working in a school setting. My first assignment was in a regular education class with 29 kindergarten students. First thing that came into my mind when I saw the 29 little angels siting down and waiting for the class to be start was, "Nelly you better watch out because who knows what's going to happened today". The whole week was the longest week ever.

I was right, the very first day I had a student vomiting right next to me during class. It was not a very pleasant day. Second day I had two students pushing and saying mean things to each other. It took me a while to digest the experience of seeing two five year old little angels being so mean and disrespectful to one another. The rest of the week, I was running up and down like a crazy chicken with no head.


It took me about three weeks to get use to my new assignment, I finish the rest of the school year with the same class. I was happy working with kindergarten students. On the following year I decided to work with special needs students. During that year my life changed completely in a way that can't explain but I can say that to have the opportunity to work with Special Needs Students has been a gift from God.

https://www.parlerai.com/home/stories

Special Needs Teachers

Teaching and Learning

1 comment:

  1. Your "Special Needs Teachers" link was very useful and detailed to know more about the work environment and responsibilities of a special needs teacher. I bookmarked the link for future reference.

    ReplyDelete